Saturday, October 21, 2006

Well another week has passed already. Time continues to fly and daily activities tend to keep taking longer than I think they will! It HAS started to rain though, and the temperature sure drops when it does- its wonderful! It has only sprinkled for about 10 minutes on a few afternoons, but people say that with the amount of humidity in the air and how hot it is, it should start raining more soon.
Yesterday we were on our way to go out to Buhumbi village when Jan discovered that bracket that holds the truck battery in place was broken- hmm, good time to find that! It is good she did though- better to be in Mwanza at a garage than in the middle of the country being the only car around! So my day yesterday began in the garage rather than at the village presenting to all the mothers the info we gathered last week. This is fine, and the way things tend to go around here- it is nothing to get all anxious about.
I have been learning this week to have patience and give all my burdens up to God. I so want to be an authentic Christian in what I do and say, and it can be so difficult. I have been thinking about love, and how would Jesus see people around me, and what would he think of what he saw. I had the opportunity to go work with streetwise again and spent time with the kids- they range from about 7 to 14 years old generally. Some of them cause so many problems and are tough for others to get along with. But they all deserve love, everyone does. I don't really have anything concrete to say here, I just wanted to put up a bible verse. I feel like I'm seeing alot and hearing alot that I don't know how to put it all together- like there are so many thoughts and experiences jumbled in my mind!
1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.



Last week we hiked up to a place called dancing rocks. The rock I was sitting on was so huge and flat, maybe thats why its called dancing rocks- an area to dance. I love watching sunsets and seeing God's creation.

4 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger kris said...

Wow Lindsay, that picture is just gorgeous. I'm praying for you, hang in there hun.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Jane said...

Linds,

Take heart, dear friend. Thinking of you today.
Consider this a big hug from me!!

oooo
Jane

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

OH hun,
I know what you mean about jumbled up thoughts! I can't wait to see you so we can sort out some of these things. One thought that is popping up in my head is how poverty has to many different faces. Think upon it, less than a month and we will be discussing so much!

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Jacinda said...

Lindz, remember that the experiences God gives us can shape our lives not only when they happen, but years down the road. In this last year, i have finally understood and sorted out thoughts from years ago. Its quite amazing, seeing how Gods power works in our lives. Im praying for you, and i hope your jumbled thoughts will encourage you, not just now, but even later in life too. Love you girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home