Saturday, September 02, 2006

Its only NINE days till I leave


hello new house, goodbye old house


time is flying and there is so much to do- trying to help landscape the front of our new house and to prepare for going to Tanzania (needles, packing- only 23kgs!!...lots more)... I got some sweet binoculars from my dad so I can see giraffes and zebras and other cool wildlife from far away. I will be staying about 3 hours away from one of the most popular destinations for safaris (which actually means 'trip' in Swahili)- Serengeti National Park. Did you know you can just go camping in the park with a tent and look for wildlife? Crazy. So exciting. I was going on here to write some things about Tanzania that I am learning, but just decided maybe I'll wait till I'm there and then I will be sure that what I write is correct. I'm trying to learn some Swahili- it is SO different from any language I have encountered. Jambo=hello, Habari = hello/how are you. Asante= thank you....

anyways in case you are interested in where I will live, and for your next trip to Tanzania :) here is the website about streetwise africa, a mission that works to increase the quality of life for street kids in mwanza. http://www.streetwise-africa.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home